Vacancy for Parish Councillor
NOTICE is hereby given that pursuant to Rule 8 of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rule 1986 the council will fill the casual vacancy by co-option.
The council may co-opt any person who is legally qualified to hold such office, and who is willing to serve provided they are a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and are neither the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order or have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine.
Provided the person also satisfies at least ONE of the following they may apply.
- They are registered as a local government elector for the parish
- They have during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the parish
- Their principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the parish
- They have during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km of it
- They are 18 years or older on the day you become nominated for election
Written expressions of interest from persons wishing to serve as a councillor need to be submitted to the Clerk of the council within 21 days of the date of this notice (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday and Bank Holidays).
The closing date for the written submission interest is 7th December 2015 and following that date the council will fill the casual vacancy by co-option.
Twelveheads telephone box refurbishment
Chacewater Parish Council having recently purchased the decommissioned telephone box in Twelveheads village for the princely sum of £1, would welcome suggestions from the residents of Twelveheads for a practical use for their telephone box.
To kick-start your imagination, these are some of the many uses that other similar boxes have been converted into across the country:
- Defibrillator station
- Library (book exchange)
- Internet access point and phone recharging centre
- Cafe – fitted with a coin operated coffee vending machine
- Tourist information
- Vending machine selling small food items eg. milk, tea/coffee, biscuits
- Local eggs & vegetables sales with an honesty box
- Art exhibition – either internal exhibition space of an art-installation
- Flower display
Please contact the Parish Clerk with your suggestions – Email: email@example.com